Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Butterfly Quilt

 


I finished this small quilt this morning. I actually started it several years ago, when I threw these four blocks together out of some scrap material I had. I was have fun this last week getting it hand quilted. I think I can finally cross the line and publicly announce I can hand quilt. It has taken a lot of practice, changing methods halfway through my journey, and a lot more practice. I started out making 4-5 stitches per inch, and am now up to 10 stitches per inch. Unfortunately, now all I want to do is the handquilting, and have kind of lost the fun in piecing the tops. I have turned to making mini quilts which makes the piecing a bit more challenging, since there is a lot less room for error. So, I guess I need to head off to get the other half of Amish garden sewn together.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment