Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Mid week progress

Since I moved to Texas in 2016, I feel my quilting has taken second fiddle to everything else.   So, I decided in 2018 I would place my stitching closer to the top of my daily list of things to do.  My goal this year is to empty a large container of strings.  I have made 170 blocks since I started these back in 2015.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

So far this week I have made ten blocks a day.  On Tuesday I even made a few hourglass blocks for a scrappy hourglass quilt.  So, I guess instead of making excuses it's much better to have determination!

15 comments:

  1. I have so many strings too that I really need to use them up - I have a feeling that I could sit and make one top after another if I didn't take time to quilt them too - I hope you can keep up the quilting and piecing this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do add up after years of quilt making. I know that I will have plenty to make each grandchild a quilt. It feels good to be in the groove again.

      Delete
  2. Loving those sting blocks and will be interested to see how you put them together :) I have hourglass blocks sitting next to my sewing machine to be leaders and enders but then don't use them... maybe I can remember after seeing yours! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its all about goals and habits! I find it hard to do a leader and ender project, but I do chain piece as it really speeds things up.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful blocks, your string quilt is going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing better than purely scrappy fabric sewn together! I love trimming them up what what was a ragged looking sewing job turns into a beautiful perfectly sized block

      Delete
  4. Way to go! Do you use a paper or fabric foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your goal for 2018! So much progress already. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I guess I need the challenge to keep myself motivated. But right now I am so ready to get these strings into at least blocks as they are drving me crazy. As I sew the blocks and trim the they are falling everywhere but I am looking the other way and focusing at the task on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. string blocks, what fun! It will be great to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete