Sunday, December 3, 2017

Christmas Pillow

Last Sunday Tanya shared the tutorial for this Christmas pillow. It will be the perfect gift for a gift exchange we do Christmas Eve with extended family.   What a cute and fun  little project!  Much like hand quilting, embroidery is so calming. I used a simple back stitch and I so enjoyed the sound of the needle and thread going thru the fabric.  A few hand quilting stitches helped to add some texture and before you know it was finished.  I hope you have some time for some slow stitching today!





17 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas finish...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that turned out sooo charming !! wish I was in your extended family! lol Someone will be VERY blessed :D
    Merry Christmas to you as well! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it - that will make a really nice present

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH this is sweet and right up my alley since the backstitch is about all that I know :) Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an easy project and fun to make. I really want to make some others this next year!

      Delete
  5. Oh it's so beautiful! I might have to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice indeed and certainly an achievable project - I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yes very achievable and easily altered to fit many occasions by changing the quote

      Delete
  7. Not the traditional red and green Christmas colors and I like very much what you have chosen. A wintery look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Hmmm. My embroidery skills are not good or I'd give that a try!

    ReplyDelete