Sunday, September 4, 2016

It's all down hill from here

Well I turned the final corner on Wednesday as I finished the third border and started to head down the last one.  My hoop in the corner of the breakfast nook seemed to keep calling to me.  As I stitched, I thought yes this is the real reason you were hesitate to stitching.  I knew it wouldn't  take me long and I would be wishing that the chores around the house didn't need to be done.  Maybe the best word to use is: addiction.  Just one more line of stitches. Oh I have four needles threaded I will stop when I need to rethread.  I get into such a rhythm that I don't want to stop. Then I realize the end to this project is getting closer and closer. NO, please don't end!!!!!    So, I have decided to concentrate on those ragged edges.  Do you get sick of seeing them?  I know I can't wait to slice them off!


Since it's a holiday weekend, I put the hoop in the sewing room so I wouldn't be tempted to stitch. Now that we live closer to family, it's important to make some family time.  Saturday was spent looking at homes with my son and daughter in law.  They have a big decision ahead of them, so glad it is their's and not mine. But I did find a bit of time to pull out some clamshells I played with about a year ago.  So I worked on making a few more, soon I hope to have enough for a table mat.  Having another project to look forward to should help with dealing to end of Baltimore Garden.


12 comments:

  1. Baltimore Garden is absolutely beautiful. I have enjoyed watching your quilting and the minute I saw in in the link-up I just had to visit. I like those clamshells also. The fabrics are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be living close to family! I tend to spend hours sewing in the evening and even though I planed on some this afternoon I ended up grocery shopping instead and have yet to pick up a needle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, it's nearly done! You must be excited. It's going to be a beauty. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt. You will have a genuine heirloom, won't you? I love those dramatic swag borders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I have about 10 clamshells stashed away somewhere :) Bucket list, I guess! :) Carla this heirloom quilt is a masterpiece and when it is done you'll make another since I don't think that this one is your first :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't tire of seeing the applique borders as I know the end is near and a beautiful quilt to be shown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Addiction is the word for it, but if you are making time for the really important things, like family, then I think you are keeping the right balance. Good luck on the last stages on your beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous. What an accomplishment! Love your clam shells too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This quilt is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting to be getting close to the end... then you have the binding. Sounds like you need a new quilt project so you can get it to a quilting stage again. If you should need something, I'd be happy to send you a few tops =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, this is just coming along beautifully! Your work is truly outstanding. You must be so excited to be nearing the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your post. It's so true that it's sometimes very hard to quit stitching.:) Such gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete