Monday, April 21, 2014

Block #17 Baltimore Garden

I finished up block #17 of Baltimore Garden yesterday.  I must say those layered flowers do take some time.  But the old saying about applique is so true, it is all about one stitch at a time.  I love the depth that the layers add and am so glad that I attempted to make the layered flowers this time instead of using the ruched flowers.  I think they both give great results, but the look is totally different.  The great thing about applique is you can choose different techniques to get the job done.  I am one that likes to try new and challenging things, but not to the point that they are frustrating.  So glad to moving along on my quest to complete Baltimore Garden.

19 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Great job working through it. You have an amazing quilt in the making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Deb! For me quilting is a personal journey of self improvement. I am learning lots making this one.

      Delete
  2. That is such a fabulous block! I love it! You're right ... the layering gives such dimension ... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful block! Worth every stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I am looking forward to the glorious day I have all the parts made so that it can be assembled.

      Delete
  4. A very pretty block. Neat and tidy. It reflects your patience on the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a friend reminded me that I am not in a race. Applique is all about one stitch at time. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Lovely Carla! and glad you are finding the method that suits you best. It's all about enjoying the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilda. I agree when you stop having fun something is wrong. I do like challenging myself and sometimes I wonder what I have gotten myself into. It usually works out !

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Carla! What a beautiful block - and a nice accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done...you are going to have an amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! I agree, there is so much work in these quilts, but I am really enjoying the process.

      Delete
  8. I love it. I wish I could see it up close!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ginney It is hard to capture the depth of applique with pictures.

    ReplyDelete